Mechanic in Altona


Do you need a roadworthy for your vehicle? DMD Automotives are fully licensed Derrimut Mechanics who can issue roadworthy certificates for vehicles that pass the inspection. If your vehicle fails the inspection, we can provide a cost effective service to make your vehicle pass the next inspection. There are many reasons why you need to get a roadworthy certificate. When you are selling a car, you will need a current roadworthy certificate to complete the sale and transfer ownership. If you are looking to buy a vehicle, and would like a mechanic to inspect it for roadworthiness, give us a call on 0421 236 928 or contact us. A roadworthy certificate is also required if you need to re-register your car.

What is a roadworthy certificate?

A roadworthy certificate, certifies that your vehicle has passed a safety inspection to ensure it meets the minimum requirements to drive on public road. This is not just for your own safety when driving, but also for other road users. Each state has slightly different rules, and we are experts at inspecting vehicles to meet Victorian safety standards. A roadworthy certificate can only be issued by a licensed vehicle tester, which DMD Automotives is. A roadworthy certificate is current for a period of 30 days from the date of issue. A roadworthy certificate does not mean your vehicle is in top condition, just that it passes the minimum safety standards set by VicRoads. Alongside a roadworthy inspection, we can also provide you information about other items that you can look at down the road.

Why do I need a roadworthy certificate?

  • Selling a registered light vehicle
  • Transferring vehicle registration to a new owner
  • Re-registering a previously registered vehicle
  • Transferring registration to a different state
  • Clearing a vehicle defect notice

What is checked during a roadworthy inspection?

The overall safety and condition of your vehicle is checked during an inspection. Specifically these areas are checked.

  • Wheels & tyres
  • Seats and seatbelts
  • Steering, Suspension and brakes
  • Lamps, Lights, Indicators etc
  • Windscreen, windows, wipers and washers.
  • Vehicle structure and condition
  • Vehicles Engine

What areas do you service for RWC?

We can service people from anywhere if they are willing to come down. We are located in Derrmiut but also assist people who are needing road worthy certificates in:

  • Ravenhall
  • Deer Park
  • Caroline Springs
  • and many of the surrounding suburbs

How much does a Victorian RWC cost?

RWC Cost $200 plus gst for most light vehicles & medium to larger sized vehicles $250 plus gst.

How often do you need a Roadworthy in Victoria?

RWC is only required when selling or transferring a vehicle to a new owner in Victoria.

What is required for a Roadworthy Victoria?

RWC Requirements cover all safety items to be in good working order – for further detail please read the ‘Roadworthiness Requirements’ section of the ‘Vehicle Standards Information 26’.

Is RWC compulsory in Victoria?

RWC is compulsory in order to have your vehicle registered in Victoria.

roadworthy certificates

How do I get a roadworthy certificate?

To get a roadworthy certificate you will need to book an inspection at DMD Automotives, we are a Licensed Vehicle Tester. We will then make sure your vehicle confirms to the VicRoads safety requirements. If your vehicle fails the first roadworthy inspection, you have 14 days to fix any issues identified. DMD Automotives offer a full automotive service and will be able to fix any identified issues from the inspection. Once your car passed the roadworthy inspection, we will issue you with a roadworthy certificate which you can present to VicRoads to complete your registration. We have over 10 years experience servicing and repairing vehicles. We are a family owned business with a focus on customer service. You can trust in our experience to provide the best automotive service you can get.

Our RWC Road Worthy Certificates Mechanic located in Derrimut and also services customers near Ravenhall, Deer Park, Caroline Springs and surrounding suburbs.

(03) 8764 3892